Monday, May 02, 2011

What does God SEE when He looks at YOU?

We pray that this devotional finds you healthy, blessed and busy at work for the Kingdom of God!

If you are none of the above, maybe this devotional will help get you to ALL of those precious places.

So, let's focus on the question, what DOES God see when He looks at you? There are ONLY TWO (2) possible answers, please know this to be the truth, ONLY TWO

  1. If you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior, when God looks at you, He sees His creation, and He loves you because he created you and God is LOVE! BUT......He also sees you as an UNSAVED sinner, that will be separated from him for eternity when you take your last breath on this Earth.

  2. The second scenario, and the most truthful and heartwarming answer is; if you HAVE accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, when God looks at you he sees what? A Christian? A sinner saved by Grace? A saved soul? “YES” to all of the above, but what He actually sees is HIS SON....JESUS!

How is that, you ask? How does God look at me and see his Son? Well, now we will show you through scripture and prove to you exactly why this is the TRUTH, beyond a shadow of a doubt! In 2 Corinthians 5:21, the Bible tells us one very important fact that occurred on the cross at Calvary.

But first, lets go back to that day and FEEL the moment, and study the deepest part of what it means. Remember during the 9th hour of the Crucifixion, (Matthew 27:45) after three hours of darkness had prevailed over the cross, and Jesus cried out these words, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” The reason that Jesus asked that question was because for the FIRST and LAST time in the history of all creation, the Holy Trinity was separated. Separated by what? Separated by SIN!

Every sin that had ever taken place, and that would take place from the 15 Billion or so people that have ever lived, and the billions of more that will live were hurled into the broken, bloodied body of our savior, the Son of The Living God. He was WITHOUT SIN, A PERFECT SACRIFICE, THE LAMB OF GOD. You cannot ever begin to imagine that pain and suffering. Now a Holy and Righteous God HAD TO TURN HIS FACE AWAY! He could not look, they were separated for those moments in time.

So, how do we tie this all back in to how God looks at you. Follow me now and go back to 2 Corinthians 5:21, and read along with me “HE BECAME SIN, WHO KNEW NO SIN, SO THAT WE MAY BECOME THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD”. Stay with me here..........at the moment that all the sin of the world, yours, mine, OURS, was transferred to His Son, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD was transferred to you and me. The price for sin, the debt we COULD NOT pay, the bridge that could NEVER be crossed was paid for with the Blood of The Lamb..........SO...when God looks at the SAVED human being, HE SEES HIS SON! It was an even exchange for a very uneven debt! We are here today to tell you that ALL God sees when He looks at you is the LOVE & RIGHTEOUSNESS of Jesus.

If by some chance, you fall into category 1, and still do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please say these words and mean them in your heart,

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that HE died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus."

If you prayed that prayer open and honestly the God now sees HIS SON when He looks at you. How could you possibly want ANYTHING OTHER THEN THAT IN YOUR LIFE? Today, you are set free and will walk on streets of Gold with Jesus and spend eternity with a Holy and Righteous God, who can ONLY look at you as His Son or Daughter!

If this devotional touches your heart and you need prayer, PLEASE call our Prayer Line at 305-934-1970.

We are here for you, ALWAYS! Please know that we are a 501 © (3) non profit ministry and that we rely 100% on your donations and love gifts. We cannot possibly feed over 220 people every 2 weeks or send out over 700 devotionals to inmates without your financial support. We have received some criticism lately for asking for donations, and to that I say, God Bless You. You see, sooner or later, our personal savings has run out, and we now stand in faith that our friends and family, as well as the Family of God will take up our cross and make it their own.

WE JUST FLAT OUT NEED YOUR HELP FINANCIALLY, AND REST ASSURED THAT EVERY PENNY GOES TO FEED THE HOMELESS, WRITE DEVOTIONALS TOO AS WELL AS VISIT THE INMATES AND HELP WITH THE OPERATIONAL COSTS OF THIS MINISTRY!

WE ANSWER TO A MUCH HIGHER AUTHORITY THAN THE I.R.S!

Thank you for your blessings and remember,

WE WILL RISE WHEN HE CALLS OUR NAME,

Pastor Steve & Trachena Muchnick

Surrender40 Ministries

Share/Bookmark

No comments: