Thursday, November 11, 2010

How Do I Come Back

On Sunday, November 7, 2010 in the middle of preaching the Word of God to a large group of homeless people in downtown Miami, Florida, during a “FEED THE NEED” mission by The Ministry Team of Surrender40, a man approached during the sermon and spoke these words,

HOW DO I COME BACK?

What you haven't been told yet is that the Pastor was speaking to people that at one time may have known Jesus and have strayed away from Him, He who is The Way, The Truth and The Life, and something in this man’s spirit made him walk off the food line and walk right up to the Pastor and ask this question. He had NO shame, NO hesitation, and NO embarrassment about stopping him in the middle of his sentence to ask HOW!

What does that say to you? Is he a prodigal son, being torn apart inside by the pain of the sin he has been living in? Was he a man of God at one time that has fallen so far from God that The Holy Spirit knew that THIS was his time to come home? Was he a preachers kid, lost and far from home, living, no surviving on the streets of Miami, just waiting, hoping and praying that he would eat that day? Or was he just like you and me, a lost child, looking for his Father to hold him and love him and remind him that he has value, worth and dignity? None of us knew at that moment why Jason was asking to come back, all we knew was that it was THIS MOMENT that we meant to be present on that day, and probably one of the reasons why Surrender40, and Pink Love Ministries exist, to reach God’s people with LOVE!

SO, how do we come back? How do we return to Holy God when we feel so ashamed and dirty, covered in the sin that we live in. How do we come before the righteous Lamb of God when we have sinned beyond our wildest dreams and lowered ourselves MILES below our lowest expectations?

This…….is how!

We go to The Cross, where Jesus Christ paid the price for our sin over 2,000 years ago on a tree at Calvary, and we say this;

Lord, I had you with me, and I strayed. I turned my back on you and went away, but now I see the error of my ways, and now I want to turn again to you. Please forgive me for my sin, and wash me by the Blood of the Lamb. I want to serve you and ONLY you for all the days of my life. Father, I am coming back home to you because I know that you, and ONLY you will never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for loving me when I was unlovely. Thank you for saving me when I did not deserve it. Thank you for being My God! In Jesus Name, Amen.

Please know that NO MATTER what you have done, your Father in Heaven is waiting for you to Come Back with open and loving arms, ALWAYS! No Exceptions! Pass this on to someone that needs it and God Bless You all!

We Will Rise When He Calls Our Name,

The Ministry Team of Surrender40 Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Share this Post