Sunday, September 06, 2009

"I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE HOMELESS"


Piercing words! Say those words to yourselves, say them twice, say them slowly, and then imagine there was truth behind those words in your life TODAY, because for many, for SO, SO many, THIS IS THEIR TRUTH!!!

These words immediately found their way to the very depths of the heart of my wife Trachena as she stood handing out the clothing and food that God has blessed us with for this Labor Day Outreach. I know my wife well, and I can tell you that these words struck a chord in her that that reaches to the very deepest part of her soul. Because my wife lives, eats and breathes a fiery passion for the homeless, I can tell you that this will register in her heart forever. Sometimes, even in the middle a mission while doing God's work, something is either said, or seen, that has an immediate and very deep impact on the heart of the servant. That is what took place today as a homelsss man began to talk to Trachena and share his heart with her.

There is a moment that takes place, maybe only once or twice during the course of your lifetime that someone does or says something that can have such an impact for both people.

"I never thought I would be homeless"

Understand that these can be LIFE CHANGING moments for some people. I mean both ways, to say it and to hear it. The person that is sleeping on the street, receiving food from two strangers sent by God is suddenly thrust into a moment in time where they have humbled themselves enough to speak the tragic truth that they have "NO HOME". What about the servant (Trachena) that hears those words, and is seeking God's will in her life everyday and asking to be used of God to advance His Kingdom? What affect do those words have. I can tell you that the fire that burns within my wife to serve God, got HOTTER and burned even BRIGHTER after that man said what he said. She told me that she wished she could do what we do EVERY DAY, ALL DAY. That is a heart on fire and makes me so proud to be married to a woman with a heart after God!

My wife and I pray that everyone of you that reads this post and looks at these pictures will have a desire to help. We pray that someday, you will have a desire to give. But most of all we pray that someday, you will SHOW UP, strapped with the Word of God in one hand and a burning desire to see first hand, what a homeless person lives like. We pray that you will come to Miami, help us make hundreds of sandwiches, and then hit the streets with us as we spread the Love of Christ to the very people HE would seek if he were walking the Earth today.

Jesus is alive people, and He lives in those that believe that God gave His only begotten Son to die for our sin. He lives in the hearts and minds of His people.

The Bible says in 2nd Chronicles; "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land"
If everyone of us, everyone that is reading this post would donate $10, or a pair of shoes, socks, or some clothing that you will NEVER wear again, every person that has ever been hungry or has a financial need. Every Christian or non Christian that has ever looked at a person on the street and said to themeselves "There but for the Grace of God, go I".

If every one of us would search our hearts and give, then God would BEGIN to heal our hearts, our lives and our land. WHY? Because "IT IS WRITTEN"

"FRIENDS, PARTNERS, BELOVED, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE SURVIVE AND OPERATE ENTIRELY ON DONATIONS AND WE NEED YOUR HELP. LET THE WORDS THAT YOU HAVE READ HERE BE WRITTEN ON THE TABLET OF YOUR HEART AND PURPOSE IN YOUR SPIRIT AND SOUL TO FEED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE NEXT TIME WE GO ON A MISSION. WE NEED PEOPLE TO PARTNER WITH US TO "FEED THE NEED" HERE IN MIAMI! PLEASE, WE CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH BLESSING YOU WILL RECEIVE FROM THIS SIMPLE ACT OF GIVING. LOOK AT THE ABOVE PICTURES MANY TIMES, AND ANSWER YOUR HEART" THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Share this Post