Saturday, July 18, 2009

"GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS"




Another wonderfully BLESSED Mission Trip for Surrender40.

We gave out 45 Bibles, 220 "Love Bags", and a TON of clothing thanks to our Twitter "Brother in Christ", Billy McDermott.

What an awesome day it was, because today we have NO heart piercing stories of sadness and broken lives. Today we experienced pure joy and gratitude from our homeless family, including a BEAUTIFUL prophetic prayer about the size of the church that God is going to bless us with. More about that later, stay tuned!

What a total joy it is to see the people that we serve every other weekend actually looking for our SUV, and having smiles from cheek to cheek when they see us coming. It was an awesome sight watching my beloved wife Trachena, pulling bag after bag of clothes out and allowing people to pick out what they need. It was like a homeless shopping spree with no money. It was PURE JOY! There are a few pics above showing those moments!!

**WOW, we were so blessed by Billy McDermott, and we cannot thank him enough for the experience that we had distributing all his clothes**


****THE PROPHETIC PRAYER****

At times I have struggled with what God has called me to do because there is just so much responsibility and financial obligation in my life. This is not a perfect world, I am far from a perfect person, and at times I have wondered if I would dissappoint God going into the ministry and preaching HIS WORD. Every now and then I feel unworthy to be HIS messenger, and every now and then HE speaks directly to my heart through other people. Usually it is through my anointed wife, as she is definitely a messenger of God, but, today it came from a homeless man, whose name is Carl Lewis Powell, and whose sister we had prayed for in weeks past. His sister has since recovered by the way! Anyway, he looked at me and Trachena, and he said this;

"You better get plenty of rest, because God is going to bless you with a church so huge that you will never have time for yourselves. Get ready, it IS coming"

OK, WOW, Trachena & I are still blown away by that, yet I know that my wife has said that to me as well. God is SOOOOO cool, isn't He? This was a totally anointed week, and we can't thank you enough for the blessings that our partners have helped us with.

"FRIENDS, PARTNERS, BELOVED, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE SURVIVE AND OPERATE ENTIRELY ON DONATIONS AND WE NEED YOUR HELP. LET THE WORDS THAT YOU HAVE READ HERE BE WRITTEN ON THE TABLET OF YOUR HEART AND PURPOSE IN YOUR SPIRIT AND SOUL TO FEED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE NEXT TIME WE GO ON A SATURDAY MISSION. WE NEED PEOPLE TO PARTNER WITH US TO "FEED THE NEED" HERE IN MIAMI! PLEASE, WE CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH BLESSING YOU WILL RECEIVE FROM THIS SIMPLE ACT OF GIVING. LOOK AT THE ABOVE PICTURES MANY TIMES, AND ANSWER YOUR HEART" THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

We Will Rise When He Calls Our Names,
Steve & Trachena
Surrender40
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Billy McDermott said...

Steve and Trachena:

God bless you!!!!

My wife Terry and I are crying our eyes with pure joy!

Thank you ever so kindly for allowing us to help your ministry.

Love always
Billy

Surrender40 said...

God Bless You and Terry, you will always be part of our family!

Steve & Trachena
Surrender40

ThousandPraises said...

Steve,
I've been thinking a lot about your prophetic message. I wonder if you could pray more about the word "large" or "big." Because here's what I think. You're already doing church when you feed and fellowship on these Saturdays. Why not just begin teaching the Word, too. That's church. Bring together some of the talented voices and sing hymns - a local homeless shelter in a nearby town has a CHOIR that travels from churches in the area to share God's glory in song. Of course, I don't know how much you've gone here already, but I'm just bringing some things to you which have already been on my mind. It just seems to me that you don't need a building to feed and fellowship, why should you have one to worship, baptize, teach and disciple? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Share this Post