Monday, June 01, 2009

"From New York to Ninevah"

1 The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 "Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me."
3 But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD.


Even the most basic believer who is still feeding on "milk" knows the rest of this story! However, I know this story up close and personal, from INSIDE the belly of the great fish! I was brought up in a Jewish home, and am the only "Convert" (as Paul says) in our family. Since the age of about 26, I knew that God wanted to use this outcast Jew as a "Voice that Cries Out in The Wilderness". The problem, as I see it, is that I always felt that God could never use me, because if you knew who I used to be, and the thoughts that I have had you would cross the street when I passed by! Can you relate to this Saul, at all buddy, huh?

I have NOT lived your typical "Billy Graham existance" I am a sinner, saved by Grace, undeserving, as we all are, to speak to His people about His Son. That is what I have always thought and felt! So, I ran, I ran so far away!!!!!

But, there is a God in Heaven that has other plans for men like me,

"Plans to prosper me and not to harm me"-Jeremiah 29:11. I often think of how much patience that God has with us, and reflect back to one of my favorite stories in the Bible, as Job and his friends are in the midst of their "Pity Filled" unholy conversation at the water cooler back in the day, God basically winds up and delivers one of HIS BEST speeches of all time. God would have won an Oscar if this was a movie, just for this scene alone;

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm.

He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?


God goes on for quite a while, but the bottom line is this, God KNOWS it all, we know NOTHING! And the faster that we realize this the better off we will all be! The proud will be laid low, and the humble will be exalted!

You get a little WORDY Steve, where is THIS ONE going? Ok, here it is;

The call has been answered, I have given my notice to my worldly job, and Trachena & I have stepped out in faith to LIVE in His calling and direction. In obedience, we will now run The Ministry of Surrender40 FULL TIME together, (as Trachena has been doing almost everything literally by herself), and walk the narrow road that Jesus speaks of.

How exciting for us, and now for you! Why, because we are now going to invite you to be a living part of Surrender40, and partner with us on a regular basis to support the work we do for the homeless of our city, Miami, Florida! There is a donate button in 2 places and an email subscription link as well on the right.

COME JOIN OUR FAMILY AND BE A PART OF AN ONGOING MIRACLE AS WE STORM THE GATES OF HELL, DISGUISED AS THE STREETS OF MIAMI, FOR THE SOULS THAT REALLY BELONG TO OUR FATHER, IN HEAVEN!

We love you and thank you in Jesus Name,

Steve & Trachena Muchnick
Surrender40
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Alexander said...

Awesome! I pray God blesses every motion, every word, a and every decision!

lynnmosher said...

Oh, wow! What a great step of obedience! And faith! I know the Lord will bless all that you give Him and all that you do for His glory and the benefit of others. May outrageous blessings be a regular part of each day for you both!

Big hugs...Lynn

Marie said...

You guys are wonderful! I'm praying for you. I'm so honored to be a part of your journey. I'm excited and will be willing to do anything I can to help you out. We will be supporting your cause financially too!

Surrender40 said...

Trachena & I would like to thank all of you (Alexander,Lynn,and Marie) that take the time to visit, read, and support our ministry. We have a true Agape feeling of love towards all of you because you GIVE, and have never really seen, meaning that you give from the Spiritleading you!
God Bless You all.

Steve & Trachena Muchnick
Surrender40

sumptersam said...

i relate...i left the Mormon faith, going against family...and i was homeless in Boise, Idaho...i am disabled veteran and plan to donate soon....god bless...

Share this Post