Wednesday, March 04, 2009

****BATTLE CRY****

What a great title! "Battle Cry". This morning on my way to work, while listening to one of the most inspirational Pastor's I have ever heard, Dr. James McDonald, God placed those words in my heart. And it's funny, because that was the name of my favorite book as a young man. Long before I found victory and freedom in Jesus Christ, I was an American History nut. The book "Battle Cry", written by Leon Uris, was a story of untold heroism, true sacrifice, by 18 + 19 year old young men that gave their lives for our FREEDOM in WWII. It is the story of young men willfully placing our freedom ahead of their lives and redefining the words "Courage" and "Bravery". It was the first book that I remember reading that made me cry. I mean rolling tears, full blown tears of gratitude and patriotism. Ok Steve, don't ramble too long, what's your point. Oh, ok, sorry. The point is this:

JESUS CHRIST sounded our "Battle Cry" over 2000 years ago. He willingly gave His life for us, by SURRENDERING all that was majestic, all that was holy, and all that was mighty and powerful, by becoming flesh and dying on the cross at Calvary! He proved that day, on that hill that victory comes through total surrender. He could have summoned legions of angels, however, he surrendered to His Father's will, not His or ours. Victory through surrender, eternal life through death on the cross. Surrender to WIN---sound familiar!

May God Bless you as you read this blog, and thanks for loving us!

Steve & Trachena Muchnick Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Jason Mitchener said...

“While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight, I'll fight to the very end!”
- William Booth

Surrender40 said...

Thank you Jason, well done!

Anonymous said...

You are blessed!! Thanks for sharing the passion for the lost. Together we will make a difference for eternity. I love you Steve Muchnick, yours 4-ever!! Trachena Muchnick

Surrender40 said...

Thank you so much. I can't think of any other way that I would rather serve God, then by your side. You have been the best WIFE, INSPIRATION, and FRIEND that anyone could ever have! I love you always!

Share this Post